REFUND POLICY FOR PHYSICAL PRODUCTS
Items can be returned within 30 days of receipt of delivery using the Online Returns Center. It can take up to 25 days for an item to reach us once you return it. Once the item is received at our fulfillment center, it takes 2 business days for the refund to be processed and 3-5 business days for the refund amount to show up in your account.
Your return label will require you to return the item at your own expense. If your return postage costs exceed $20, you may contact our Customer Service Center to request a refund of the remaining postage cost. If you return a defective, damaged or incorrect item, you’ll be refunded the full postage cost, as well as your Import Fees Deposit, once your return is processed.
IMPORTANT: All Digital/Downloadable products, eg software, games, gift cards, etc, cannot be returned or refunded. Sales are final on all Digital/Downloadable products.
Seller Return Policy
When you order from a seller that fulfills and ships its own inventory (also called a third party seller), your return is sent back to the seller instead of Equ@tions Digital™. While most sellers offer a returns policy equivalent to Equ@tions Digital™’s, some seller returns policies may vary. You can view the return policy of the seller before you purchase an item by viewing the Returns and Refunds Policy section of the seller profile page. To view the seller’s return policy, once you’ve ordered, you can select your order in the Online Service Policy.
Third-party sellers must either provide a return address within the United States, provide a prepaid return label, or offer a full refund without requesting the item be returned. If a seller does not offer these methods to return your items, you may file an A-to-z Guarantee claim to seek help with your return.
If you are sending the item within the United States and the order is valued at $100 or more, ensure the shipment for the value of the merchandise and ship your return with a signature shipping service. Items valued over $35 must be returned to the seller with a trackable shipping service. For items below $35, we suggest USPS delivery confirmation service. If a package doesn’t arrive and you don’t use a trackable method to return or if you refuse the shipment as a method of return, we may not be able to cover you under the A-to-z Guarantee.
Note: If the seller’s listing is eligible for Equ@tions Digital™, it will be subject to the same return policies as items fulfilled by Equ@tions Digital™ that are outlined on this page.
Delivery with Services
- Returns or exchanges for items purchased from a third-party seller that provided a Delivery with Service (in-home unpacking, installation, assembly, etc.) have to be scheduled by the seller.
- During the scheduled return pick-up, the seller will uninstall or disassemble, and pick up the item.
- All sellers participating in the Delivery with Services program are required to support scheduled return pickups or exchanges.
- If a seller does not offer these methods or is non-responsive to scheduling an appointment to return your items, you may contact the Equ@tions Digital™ team, or file a claim.
- If a Delivery with Services item is missing parts or damaged through customer misuse, the customer may be charged a restocking fee based on the condition of the product.
REFUND POLICY FOR SERVICES
In cases where you’d like money back from a freelancer (Vendor), you can request a refund through Equ@tions Digital within 180 days of the payment.
Logged hours for the current week cannot be refunded until you have been billed. Please consider resolving any time-logging issues with your freelancer (Vendor) prior to closing the contract. Your freelancer (Vendor) may remove current week's hours to avoid getting charged, but they cannot edit their Work Diary once the contract is closed.
Note: If you need to request an escrow refund on a fixed-price contract (funds in escrow, but not yet released to the freelancer (Vendor)), or file a dispute on an hourly contract, they are different processes.
If you have hired an agency and would like a refund, please contact customer support at email@example.com
If you close the contract while waiting for a refund, you'll still only have the usual 14 days to leave feedback. If you wait longer than that, you'll lose your ability to leave public feedback on the contract. The freelancer (Vendor) can enable feedback changes if you leave feedback and want to change it later.
Based on your request, your freelancer (Vendor) can then choose to issue a full refund, a partial refund, or no refund at all. Even without a formal request, they can proactively initiate a refund through Equ@tions Digital on any contract, active or ended, as long as:
- The refund is within 180 days of the payment
- The refund amount is not more than what they earned on the contract
- They have funds available to cover the refund
If the freelancer (Vendor) approves your refund request
The refund is automatically credited back to your billing method immediately.
- It may take 3-5 business days for the credit to be available to you on that billing method’s account.
- If a refund reduces the freelancer (Vendor)’s earnings to $1 or less on the contract, the contract will no longer show on both your work histories and any feedback will be removed from your feedback ratings. It can take up to 12 hours for this information to update.
Note: If your original payments came from multiple billing methods, we’ll automatically apply a single credit to your Equ@tions Digital account that can be used to cover future invoices. Alternatively, you can contact our customer support to request that we issue split credits to all the original billing methods that you used rather than to your Equ@tions Digital account balance. Funds billed to one method cannot be refunded to another.
If the freelancer (Vendor) refuses your refund request or does not reply
If the freelancer (Vendor) declines to give a refund or you don’t hear back at all, you may still be able to dispute the charges. Timing is important here, however. You must file any dispute by Friday after a billing week closes. For example, you receive the week’s invoice on Monday at noon UTC. You have from then until Friday at midnight UTC to review those hours and file a dispute, if needed.
After you file a dispute
- We immediately alert your freelancer (Vendor) via email and a notification in their Equ@tions Digital account. If the freelancer (Vendor) accepts the dispute or doesn't respond, we’ll refund the disputed hours to you on behalf of the freelancer (Vendor) as a credit. If the freelancer (Vendor) rejects and challenges the dispute, it will be reviewed by an Equ@tions Digital Dispute Specialist.
- Our dispute specialist will review and evaluate the freelancer (Vendor)’s Work Diary using the criteria stated in the Equ@tions Digital Hourly Protection. Please allow up to four business days to receive a dispute decision.
- Although your account has already been charged for all of the hours billed, a dispute puts payment to the freelancer (Vendor) on hold while the dispute specialist reviews the matter.
- If the specialist decides the dispute in your favor, the amount that was billed to you for the hours in question (including Equ@tions Digital payment processing fees) will be credited to your Equ@tions Digital account. If the specialist decides in favor of the freelancer (Vendor), the payment you made will be released to them.
This means you can only dispute the current invoice, not past invoices. If you miss this window, you and your freelancer (Vendor) should work together to resolve any issues and possibly discuss your refund request. If you are unable to reach an agreement please reach out to Support. Mediation assistance is available within 30 days of the last payment on your contract.
Fixed-price contracts are paid as work is submitted and approved. If you need to close a job with funds remaining in escrow, you may request an escrow refund. Dispute assistance is available if the last payment on a Fixed Price contract was within the previous 30 days or as long as funds are held in escrow.
If your freelancer (Vendor) accepts the refund request
If the freelancer (Vendor) approves the refund or does not respond within seven days, the money in escrow will be refunded. Refund credits can take up to five business days to appear.
If your freelancer (Vendor) disputes the escrow refund
Your freelancer (Vendor) can dispute the refund request if they feel a refund is not warranted. If this happens, we will notify you by email and you can either accept or reject the dispute:
- If you accept the dispute, the funds will be released to the freelancer (Vendor)
- If you reject the dispute, an Equ@tions Digital dispute specialist will provide mediation assistance to both parties to try and resolve the matter